AJA Io XT
Taking advantage of your computer's Thunderbolt™ interface, Io XT is the ideal portable companion for lightning-fast video capture and playback for professional post production and on set applications. Io XT connects to your Mac or PC with a single Thunderbolt™ cable and provides a second Thunderbolt™ connector for daisy-chaining other devices, such as storage or displays, making it perfect for on set, or in the edit suite.
Disconnecting a device in the middle of a Thunderbolt™ chain will disconnect all devices that come after it. On some jobs, the drive array may be moved frequently, so it would be best to have that at the end of the chain, while other times it may be a monitor that is being removed periodically. Io XT's dual Thunderbolt™ ports ensure that no matter what configuration you need, the system can continue to operate without interruption.
Compact, portable and powerful, Io XT is loaded with high-end features including 3G/Dual Link/HD/SD-SDI, Component Analog and HDMI connectivity, to bring true desktop-level power to any Thunderbolt™-enabled Mac or PC, with full uncompressed HD and SD 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 capable video and audio connectivity. With a full compliment of 3G/HD/SD- SDI and HDMI I/O, HD/SD analog video output, reference and LTC inputs, and digital and analog audio, Io XT opens up new possibilities for what can be considered a professional editing system. No longer confined to deskside tower systems, the combination of Io XT and smaller systems such as an iMac, Mac mini or HP zBook has all the capability and connectivity of a larger system that can be easily transported as needed.
The RS-422 connection on Io XT enables control of external decks and other recording devices directly from within your software application of choice. Capture clips directly off tape and layoff sequences all frame-accurately without the need for a separate device control adapter.
Io XT utilizes AJA's high-quality up/down/cross-conversion hardware, the same found in our flagship FS2 converter. Conversion can be done either on capture or on output. On capture, this allows you to take mismatched source media and bring it all to a common resolution so individual shots don't have to be scaled in the edit. Likewise, Io XT can perform conversions during output to adapt to different monitoring or layoff configurations without having to change the native editorial timeline. Uniquely, the Io XT can cross-convert 720p 23.98 to 1080PsF 23.98, which is particularly valuable in today's multi-format HD post environment.
Many situations require the editing system to be locked in sync with other devices. Io XT can accept a reference signal, which ensures it is locked to any necessary devices for the best quality capture and output. This reference signal can then be passed on to other devices. Users can select whether timecode is read off embedded signals or from an external input so that the proper timecode is always associated with any captured clips.
Designed for today's workflows, Io XT provides complete compatibility with the most popular NLE programs, the newest codecs, video formats, stereoscopic 3D workflows, and more. Io XT also includes AJA's industry-best OS X drivers and application plug-ins for integrated workflows with software from Apple, Avid, Adobe, Autodesk, and many more.
- Video Formats: 525i 29.97 / 525i 23.98* / 625i 25 / 720P 23.98*, 24 *, 25 *, 29.97*, 30 *, 50, 59.94, 60 / 1080i 25, 29.97, 30 / 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 / 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 / 2Kx1080p 23.98, 24, 25 / 2Kx1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25
- Software-dependent Formats (* These formats are dependent on specific software functionality and are not normal 'over-the-wire' formats): 720P 23.98, 24 , 25 , 29.97, 30
- Video Input: 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296/424, 10-bits / Single Link 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 (1 x 3G BNC) / dual link HD 4:4:4, (2 x BNC) / HDMI v1.3 / 1D LUT Support (Mac and PC)
- Video Output Digital: 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296/424 / Single link 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 (1 x BNC) / dual link HD 4:4:4, (2 x BNC) / HDMI v1.4, 30/36 bits/pixel, RGB or YUV, 2.25Gbps
- Video Output Analog: Composite/S-Video (Y/C) (1 x BNC/2x BNC+adapter) / NTSC, NTSCJ, PAL / Component (3 x BNC) / HD: YPbPr, RGB / SD: YPbPr, RGB (component mode) SMPTE/EBU N10, Betacam 525 line, Betacam 525J, RGB / 12-bit D/A, 8x oversampling / +/- .2 dB to 5.0 MHz Y Frequency Response / +/- .2 dB to 1 MHz C Frequency Response / .5% 2T pulse response / <1% Diff Phase / <1% Diff Gain / <1 ns Y/C delay inequity
- Audio Input Digital: 16-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-259 SDI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 8-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous
- Audio Output Digital: 16-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-259 SDI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 8-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous
- Audio Output Analog: 8-channel, 24-bit D/A analog audio, 48kHz sample rate, balanced, using industry-standard 8 x XLR on DB-25 breakout cable (Breakout cable NOT included) / +24dbu Full Scale Digital (0dbFS) / +/- 0.2db 20 to 20kHz Frequency Response
- Downstream Keyer: Supports graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or framebuffer, or framebuffer content over incoming video or matte
- Up-Conversion: Hardware 10-bit / Anamorphic: full-screen / Pillar box 4:3: results in a 4:3 image in center of screen with black sidebars / Zoom 14:9: results in a 4:3 image zoomed slightly to fill a 14:9 image with black side bars / Zoom Letterbox: results in image zoomed to fill full screen / Zoom Wide: results in a combination of zoom and horizontal stretch to fill a 16:9 screen; this setting can introduce a small aspect ratio change
- Down-conversion: Hardware 10-bit / Anamorphic: full-screen / Letterbox: image is reduced with black top and bottom added to image area with the aspect ratio preserved / Crop: image is cropped to fit new screen size
- Cross-conversion: Hardware 10-bit / 1080i to 720P / 720P to 1080i / 720P to 1080PsF
- SD to SD aspect ratio conversion: Letterbox: This transforms SD anamorphic material to a letterboxed image / H Crop: Will produce a horizontally stretched effect on the image; transforms anamorphic SD to full frame / SD Pillarbox: Will produce an image in the center of the screen with black borders on the left and right sides and an anamorphized image in the center / V Crop: Will transform SD letterbox material to an anamorphic image
- Reference Input or LTC Input: 1 BNC assignable to Reference video or LTC input / Reference: Analog Color Black (1V) or Composite Sync (2 or 4V); Non terminating
- Machine Control: RS-422, Sony 9-pin protocol