AJA Ki Pro Mini
The Ki Pro Mini brings a new level of portability to the AJA Ki Pro family. This compact field recorder records full quality video files in an edit-ready Apple ProRes format from any SDI or HDMI video cameras, and saves them on available Compact Flash cards. AJA recommends the use of SanDisk Extreme Pro CF cards in the Ki Pro Mini (running firmware v4.2 or later). These compatible cards are also available at TapeOnline:
- SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro Compact Flash UDMA 7 Card
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro Compact Flash UDMA 7 Card
- SanDIsk 128GB Extreme Pro Compact Flash UDMA 7 Card
This new smaller form factor allows it to be mounted to a tripod or camera with industry-standard adapters, and connects directly to your camera's digital output. Ki Pro Mini records in 10-bit, full raster files, providing full quality images that stand up to post-processing requirements. By utilizing efficient ProRes codecs, file sizes are kept in check while retaining your video's quality.
- Records directly to editable formats, including a variety of Apple ProRes 422 or Avid DNxHD codecs, to streamline workflow.
- Familiar, straightforward controls make Ki Pro Mini easy to incorporate in your existing setup.
- Robust construction of lightweight, strong aluminum to support the growing amount of extra gear on today's cameras.
- Recorded shots can be played back immediately with no need for separate video assist equipment, and can be edited on set if using a mobile editing system.
- Mini Mounting Plate attaches to the sides of the Ki Pro Mini and provides almost endless mounting possibilities when used in combination with battery plates, hot shoe mounts, articulated arms and more.
- SDI and HDMI outputs are both always active, so Ki Pro Mini is a converter as well as a recorder/player.
- Two XLR analog audio inputs allow audio from mixers and microphones, including support for phantom power, to be recorded directly into the files created by Ki Pro Mini.
- All Ki Pro Mini parameter settings, clip selection and transport controls can be controlled via a standard Ethernet LAN connection; no additional or special software installation is required on the host computer. Multiple Ki Pro Mini units can even be controlled from a single web interface.
- Using the Camera Data menu parameter, record start/stop operation can be trigged automatically with select cameras - including unique HDMI support for Sony, Canon (HDMI timecode) and Nikon (DSLR support). Even file names can be reproduced on the Ki Pro Mini to match the camera native recordings. Automated start/stop can also be accomplished via LANC when connected to properly equipped cameras.
- Video Formats: 525i 29.97 / 625i 25 / 720P 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60 (Note: 720p 23.98 (24), 720p 25 and 720p 29.97 require a valid camera source and the use of the Record Type>VFR selection) / 1080i 25, 29.97, 30 /1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25*, 29.97* (Note: 25 and 29.97 require a valid camera source and the use of the Record Type>PsF selection) / 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97
- Codec Support: Apple ProRes 422 / Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) / Apple ProRes 422 (LT) / Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) / Avid DNxHD 220x / Avid DNxHD 145 / Avid DNxHD 36 (Note: Avid DNxHD is only supported for 1080p/PsF sources)
- Removable Storage: Compact Flash (CF) Cards - 2 slots (See AJA Ki Pro Mini's official website for supported media)
- Video Input Digital: SD/HD SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296, 10-bit / Single link 4:2:2 (1 x BNC) / HDMI v1.3
- Video Output Digital: SD/HD SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296, 10-bit / Single link 4:2:2 (1 x BNC) / HDMI v1.3
- Audio Input Digital: 2-channel or 8-channel user selectable / 8-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-259 SDI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 2-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous
- Audio Input Analog: 2-channel, 24-bit A/D analog audio, 48kHz sample rate, balanced (2 x XLR) / Input level: Line, Mic, Mic+phantom 48Vdc / +24dbu Full Scale Digital / +/- 0.2db 20 to 20kHz Frequency Response
- Audio Output Digital: 8-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-259 SDI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 8-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous
- Audio Output Analog: Stereo unbalanced headphone (1 x 3.5mm mini jack)
- Timecode: SDI RP188/SMPTE 12M via SDI BNC / HDMI (when used with compatible cameras) / LTC input (1 x BNC)
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45) / Embedded web server for remote control
- User Interface: 3 line character display, with dedicated buttons
- Control: LANC Loop (2 LANC Connectors) (Note: requires a LANC enabled camera)
- 4.35" x 1.82" x 5.9"
- 1.262 lbs.