AJA Ki Pro Rack
Ki Pro Rack is a VTR alternative for video facilities transitioning from tape to file-based workflows for recording and playback. Offering high-quality, "œready-to-edit" file capture, Ki Pro Rack is designed to get material from source to editorial as quickly as possible. With multiple professional connection options, it can fit right into your existing cabling/routing system. Ki Pro Rack also records in 10-bit ready-to-be-edited Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files directly to removable hard disk or SSD KiStor drive modules, eliminating the need for more time-consuming logging and capturing.
RS-422 control lets Ki Pro Rack to integrate easily with supported editing systems and external controllers, allowing it to fulfill several of the functions of a traditional VTR. Supported NLEs can even perform assemble edits directly to the Ki Pro Rack. Ki Pro Rack's RS-422 control can also be used to link a traditional VTR with Ki Pro Rack for direct editing control. Use the editing controls on properly equipped VTRs to control Ki Pro Rack for machine-to-machine transfer of video and audio. This allows tape footage to be captured directly as files on Ki Pro Rack without the need for a separate edit controller.
- Records directly to editable formats, including a variety of Apple ProRes 422 or Avid DNxHD codecs, to streamline workflow.
- Familiar, straightforward controls make Ki Pro Rack easy to incorporate in your existing setup.
- High-quality up/down/cross-conversion makes it easy to unify SD, 720p, and 1080i and create a single desired format for your project.
- Variety of video/audio connections make integrating Ki Pro Rack with other production equipment quite easy.
- Records10-bit, full raster files, providing full quality images that stand up to post-processing requirements and utilizes efficient ProRes codecs to keep file sizes in check.
- Twin media drive bays on the Ki Pro Rack allow extremely fast media changes - you can switch KiStor drives and start recording right away, without having to wait to eject the first drive.
- Because Ki Pro Rack is file-based, any clip can be instantly queued up and played either from the front panel or via the built-in Ethernet connection - with no seek time. Complete developer tools are available, allowing advanced users to script and automate Ki Pro Rack and other Ethernet-equipped AJA products for custom applications.
- Media can be copied to and from the Ki Pro Rack over the Ethernet connection. This allows for fast file transfers without the need to physically remove the media from the Ki Pro Rack.
- Ki Pro Rack parameter settings, clip selection and transport controls can be controlled with a standard Ethernet LAN connection via a web interface on host computer. Multiple Ki Pro Rack units can even be controlled from a single web interface, making Ki Pro Rack an ideal solution for multi-camera recordings.
- Video Formats: 525i 29.97 / 625i 25 / 720P 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60 (Note: 720p 23.98 (24), 720p 25 and 720p 29.97 require a valid camera source and the use of the Record Type>VFR selection) / 1080i 25, 29.97, 30 / 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25*, 29.97* (Note: 25 and 29.97 require a valid camera source and the use of the Record Type>PsF selection) / 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97
- Codec Support: Apple ProRes 422 / Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) / Apple ProRes 422 (LT) / Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) / Avid DNxHD 220x / Avid DNxHD 145 / Avid DNxHD 36 (Note: Avid DNxHD is only supported for 1080p/PsF sources)
- Removable Storage: AJA Ki Stor modules - 2 slots (No drives included)
- Video Input Digital: SD/HD SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296, 10-bit / Single link 4:2:2 (2x BNC; input selection in software) / HDMI v1.3
- Video Input Analog: SD/HD Component (3 x BNC) / SMPTE/EBU N10, Betacam 525 line, Betacam 525J / 12-bit A/D, 2x oversampling / +/- .25 dB to 5.5 MHz Y Frequency Response / +/- .25 dB to 2.5 MHz C Frequency Response / .5% 2T pulse response / <2 ns Y/C delay inequity or Composite (1 x BNC – CVBS on Y)
- Video Output Digital: SD/HD SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296, 10-bit / Single link 4:2:2 (1 x BNC) / HDMI v1.3 (Note: HDMI requires 1080i, 720p or 1080p to be active; HDMI does not provide support for PsF)
- Video Output Analog: Component (3 x BNC) / NTSC, NTSCJ, PAL / HD: YPbPr, RGB / SD: YPbPr, RGB (component mode) / SMPTE/EBU N10, Betacam 525 line, Betacam 525J, RGB / 12-bit D/A, 8x oversampling / +/- .2 dB to 5.5 MHz Y Frequency Response / +/- .2 dB to 2.5 MHz C Frequency Response / .5% 2T pulse response / <1 ns Y/C delay inequity or Composite (1 x BNC – CVBS on Y) / +/- .2 dB to 5.0 MHz Y Frequency Response / +/- .2 dB to 1 MHz C Frequency Response / <1% Diff Phase / <1% Diff Gain
- Audio Input Digital: 8-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-259 SDI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 2-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 8-channel, 24-bit AES/EBU audio, 48KHz sample rate, Synchronous or Non-synchronous, Internal sample rate conversion (4 x BNC)
- Audio Input Analog: 2-channel, 24-bit A/D analog audio, 48kHz sample rate, balanced (2 x XLR) / +24dbu Full Scale Digital / +/- 0.2db 20 to 20kHz Frequency Response (Note: Line or Mic selection via CONFIG menu parameters)
- Audio Output Digital: 8-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-259 SDI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 8-channel, 24-bit HDMI embedded audio, 48kHz sample rate, Synchronous / 8-channel, 24-bit AES/EBU audio, Synchronous or Non-synchronous, Internal sample rate conversion (4 x BNC)
- Audio Output Analog: 2-channel, 24-bit D/A analog audio, 48kHz sample rate, balanced (2 x XLR) /+24dbu Full Scale Digital (0dbFS) / +/- 0.2db 20 to 20kHz Frequency Response / Stereo unbalanced headphone (1 x 3.5mm mini jack)
- Up-Conversion: Hardware 10-bit / Anamorphic: full-screen / Pillar box 4:3: results in a 4:3 image in center of screen with black sidebars / Zoom 14:9: results in a 4:3 image zoomed slightly to fill a 14:9 image with black side bars / Zoom Letterbox: results in image zoomed to fill full screen / Zoom Wide: results in a combination of zoom and horizontal stretch to fill a 16:9 screen; this setting can introduce a small aspect ratio change
- Down-conversion: Hardware 10-bit / Anamorphic: full-screen / Letterbox: image is reduced with black top and bottom added to image area with the aspect ratio preserved / Crop: image is cropped to fit new screen size
- Cross-conversion: Hardware 10-bit / 1080i to 720P / 720P to 1080i
- Timecode: SDI RP188/SMPTE 12M via SDI BNC / HDMI (when used with compatible cameras) / LTC input (1x BNC) / LTC output (1x BNC) (Note: active during playback not during record or EE)
- Reference Input: Analog Color Black (1V) or Composite Sync (2 or 4V) / Looping, non-terminating
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45) / Embedded web server for remote control
- User Interface: 2 x 20 character display, with dedicated buttons
- Machine Control: RS-422, Sony 9-pin protocol (via DB-25 breakout cable or optional KLHi-Box)
- 19" x 12.5" x 1.75"
- 7.28 lbs.