Atomos Samurai Blade
The all new Samurai Blade offers a stunning 1280 x 720 SuperAtom IPS touchscreen, at 325ppi 179-degree viewing, 400nit brightness and multi-frequency (48/50/60Hz) operation (depending on video input), providing super smooth monitoring and playback. The capacitive touch panel gives lightning-quick response times and gesture capability. It is highly intuitive to human touch, yet remains unresponsive to the touch of inanimate objects so that it is safe from accidental contact (say from a pen or other item touching the screen). The operating system is AtomOS 5.0, which features a comprehensive set of advanced focus and exposure tools and a cut and tag editing tool that will let you delete undesired shots and tag the remaining ones as good for editing later on your main editing system. Cutting and tagging directly on your Blade means you'll be able to do so while on the road and thus arrive at your studio with a portion of your editing job done. Controlling AtomOS 5.0 on the Samurai Blade is smooth and simple. In addition to monitoring and recording on Blade, you can play back footage or connect to a Mac or PC for playback on QuickTime.
Samurai Blade includes all the tools you need to set up on -site accurate colors and exposure, including full waveform monitor functions: Vectorscope, RGB, and LUMA parades. Each provides an intuitive transparent interface offering full screen, lower 3rd or bottom right corner positioning to give you a range of options when setting up, recording, and playing back your footage.
The Samurai Blade is the world's most advanced smart production recorder, monitor and playback deck. Every part of its physical and operational design has been carefully crafted to deliver the ultimate in simple operation and mission critical reliability. The Blade combines multiple devices – external monitor, capture card, playback deck and cut edit suite – into a single affordable tool.
Blade can record up to 1080/30p/60i resolution directly from your camera's sensor to an HDD or SSD in Apple's ProRes or Avid's DNxHD edit-ready codecs. Color precision records at a high 10-bit, even from an 8-bit sensor, and color sampling at 4:2:2. This allows you to work your video in post-production as if it is 10-bit and makes it play nicely with all computer effects. Recording directly from the sensor and bypassing your camera's compression allows your footage's first compression to be in an edit-ready codec, minimalizing image degradation.
Each device has an SDI input for ingesting from a camera, along with an SDI loop-output that allows you to simultaneously loop out the camera signal to a large SDI monitor (up to 300 ft away). You can ingest by HDMI through an optional Atomos SDI to HDMI converter. Blade supports all cameras for monitoring, even new 4K and 5K cameras like RED's Epic and ARRI's Alexa, and can successfully record 1080/30p/60i from most cameras.
Blade accepts 2.5" HDDs and internal SSDs. SSDs are recommended for any shoots involving movement and/or high vibration. Drives are sold separately, but you get a docking station that offloads these drives to your computer via a USB or FireWire cable. You also get two batteries, a charger, and an AC adapter for continuous power.
- 325DPI, 5" IPS 1280 x 720 capacitive touchscreen monitor/recorder
- Waveform RGB & Luma Parade, Vectorscope with zoom, and test pattern generator
- Adjustable gamma, contrast and brightness
- HD-SDI input and output
- Real-time monitoring, playback, playout to a PC or Mac with QuickTime, and edit logging
- File Recovery built into operating system will detect disruption and reconstruct your file to within 2 frames
- Focus Peaking, 0-100% Zebra, and two modes of False Color monitoring
- Record direct from the sensor to 10-bit, 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHD
- S-Log / C-Log recording
- Trigger REC/STOP from camera (Canon, Sony, ARRI, Panasonic, RED, JVC)
- Timecode from camera
- Samurai Blade recorder/monitor
- 2 x empty Master Disk Caddies + 8 screws for fixing disks
- Master Caddy Docking Station with USB 2 & 3 Cable
- AC Adaptor for Samurai Blade
- Single Battery Charger including AC power adaptor
- 9V AC Adaptor for Battery Charger (110-240V for AC operation)
- 1 x Atomos 7.4 V 2600mAh Battery
- 1 x D-Tap Adaptor
- 1 x 2.5mm Y adaptor cable for LANC loop-through
- Samurai Blade QuickStart Guide
Requires a standard 1/4" Camcorder Mount and HD-SDI cables (not included).