Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera EF
Free Shipping applies to Ground Shipping in the Continental US.
Blackmagic Design's Cinema Camera with EF Mount uses the latest digital cinema technology to give your videos that timeless feature film look. You get a built-in SSD recorder, popular open standard uncompressed RAW and compressed file formats, compatibility with quality EF lenses, LCD touchscreen monitoring, plus metadata entry all packed into an exciting hand held design! The Cinema Camera uses a high resolution 2.5K image sensor and a wide dynamic range, making it ideal for independent film, television commercials, and episodic TV production. It captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into 12-bit DNG files, so your images look truly cinematic. This preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows. All sensor data is kept so you can make informed creative decisions during the color grading process with the included DaVinci Resolve software. Cinema Camera features built-in record and monitoring, so it easily replaces video-only cameras at sporting events, weddings, music video shoots, and more.
EF Mount Model
EF compatible mount model lets you use Canon and Zeiss lenses with full electronic control of your lens iris. Compatible with EF and ZE mount lenses, so you can choose the lens you need for any occasion!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the first camera to feature built-in metadata entry so your files include information compatible with popular editing software. Simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where you can enter metadata information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more. You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically. Metadata is compatible with popular software such as Final Cut Pro X and the included DaVinci Resolve.
The built-in 2.5" SSD Recorder allows 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG Raw 12-bit capture, as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD compressed video files. When you've finished shooting, simply connection the SSD to your computer and edit or color your footage straight from the disk. With Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD video formats you can record for more than 5 hours on a single 480GB SSD.
The following Blackmagic-certified SSDs, recommended for RAW CinemaDNG capture or compressed video capture with the Cinema Camera EF are available at TapeOnline:
- Â‚Kingston 240GB SSDNow KC300
- Â‚Kingston 480GB SSDNow KC300
- OWC 120GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- OWC 240GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- OWC 480GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- Crucial 512GB M4 (firmware 009 only) (CT512M4SSD2)
Blackmagic Cinema Cameras only use standard connections, so you never have to worry about hunting for custom cables. The Cinema Camera EF has jack mic/line audio inputs for recording the highest quality uncompressed audio, as well as 3 Gb/s SDI out for on set monitoring or for sending to live production switchers (4 channels in HD-SDI). Also included is 12V to 30V DC input for power and battery charging, 3.5mm headphone socket, LANC remote control, and high speed Thunderbolt port for computer capture (as well as USB 2.0 mini B connector for software updates and configuration).
The 5" (800 x 480 resolution) Touchscreen lets you see your shots, or play back footage from the SSD using the transport control buttons below the screen. Enter shot data and update settings from the touchscreen, and double tap to zoom the image. The data strip displays information on the screen such as record status, shutter angle, ISO, battery level, record time and more.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF includes sun shield, 12V AC adapter power supply, carry strap, UltraScope waveform monitoring software, Media Express software for video capture from the camera's Thunderbolt port, and a full version of DaVinci Resolve Software for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Shooting Resolutions: 2.5K RAW at 2432 x 1366, ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates: 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Integrated mono microphone and mono speaker
- 3 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting points on top of camera, 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread tripod mount with locator pin
- Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery with 90 minute battery life and 2 hour charge time (when not in use)
- Storage: Removable 2.5" SSD (Mac OS Extended or exFAT format. SSDs can be formatted on any Mac or use Mediafour MacDrive, not included, on a Windows PC)
- 5 MB/frame in RAW 2.5K fits about 30 minutes of 24p video on a 256 GB solid state disk, Compressed HD formats fit more than 5 times the amount of RAW video
- Uncompressed Recording Formats: RAW 2.5K CinemaDNG
- Compressed Recording Formats: Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD, all compressed recording in 1920x1080 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
- 166.2mm by 113.51mm x 126.49mm
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty