Blackmagic Design Micro Cinema Camera
The Micro Cinema Camera is a miniaturized Super 16mm, professional digital film camera that is designed to be operated remotely so it can capture the action anywhere! Its built in expansion port has PWM and S.Bus inputs so it can be connected to radio control airplane controllers and various camera functions can be mapped to radio channels. This means you can remotely start and stop recording, adjust focus, change the iris and more. The expansion port also has a composite video output that can be connected to low cost wireless video transmitters for remote monitoring of the camera's recording status, battery life and audio levels.
The design of the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera combines advanced miniaturization and a unique expansion port in a digital film camera that lets you create personalized rigs for remote operation and monitoring. The camera body is not much larger than the Micro Four Thirds lens mount making it as small as a camera with a professional lens can be. Its core is made out of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy that makes it durable enough to shoot anywhere, from the ocean floor to the stratosphere or beyond! You can control the Micro Cinema Camera directly from the front buttons when it's mounted, or remotely when it's out of reach. Micro Cinema Camera is perfect for use on quadcopters, as a crash cam, or hidden on set for reality TV. It also features built in RAW and ProRes recording 13 stops of dynamic range, a global shutter and MFT lens mount--a truly professional camera in a truly tiny form factor!
- Sensor Size: 12.48mm x 7.02mm (Super 16)
- Shooting Resolutions: 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates - Global Shutter: 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Frame Rates - Rolling Shutter: 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- Dynamic Range: 13 stops
- Focus: Remote focus control via expansion connector when using compatible lenses.
- Iris Control: Iris control via Rewind and Forward buttons, plus remote control via expansion connector when using compatible lenses.
- Lens Mount: Active MFT mount
- Controls: 6 control buttons including Record, Play, Rewind, Forward, Menu, and Power. 4 channel PWM plus 1 x S.Bus remote via expansion connector
- Microphone: Integrated stereo microphone, active when camera is recording.
- Mounting Options: 1 x 1/4" (top), 3 x 1/4" (bottom)
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC and SDHC cards.
- Storage Format: Mac OS Extended or exFAT format. SD cards can be formatted in camera, or on any Mac or Windows computer. Formatting in camera recommended.
- Storage Rates (based on 30 frames per second):
- 1920 x 1080
- CinemaDNG RAW - 65 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s
- Compressed Recording Formats: Lossless CinemaDNG RAW at1920 x 1080 with film dynamic range. Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT and 422 Proxy at 1920 x 1080 with either film or video dynamic range.
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI Type A output
- Expansion Port - DB-HD15 serial connector provides support for:
- Power input
- LANC input
- 1 x S.Bus channel input
- 4 x PWM channel input
- Genlock input
- Composite video output
- Analog Audio Input: 1 x 3.5mm stereo audio at line or mic level. Can also be used for timecode input
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Remote Control: Lens control, recording parameters and record trigger start/stop trigger via LANC and PWM or S.Bus remote channels
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates
- DaVinci Resolve Lite grading software
- SD card for Mac OS X and Windows
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later/ Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Battery Type: Canon LP-E6
- Battery Life: Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
- Power: 12V-20V
- 3.25 x 2.74 x 2.57 in. / 11 oz.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera
- Expansion cable
- LP-E6 battery
- Turret dust cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty