Blackmagic URSA EF
Free Shipping applies to Ground Shipping in the Continental US.
Blackmagic Design's URSA is the world's first high end digital film camera, revolutionizing on set workflows with a 4K sensor, global shutter and an incredible 12 stops of dynamic range. The wide dynamic range blows away regular video cameras or even high end broadcast cameras, giving you dramatically better images that look like true digital film. This wide dynamic range preserves detail in dark shadows as well as bright highlights so you have a wider range of brightness levels to work with when color grading in post production. The extra large Super 35 size allows for creative shallow depth of field shooting and the high resolution Ultra HD 12 bit lossless Cinema DNG RAW means you get incredible quality. You can also shoot Ultra HD or HD in Apple ProRes™ for easy post production workflow with minimum storage requirements. Built to handle the ergonomics of large film crews or single person use, URSA has everything built in. Because the sensor and lens mount assembly can be changed, you can choose EF or PL lens mounts or even a broadcast video sensor with B4 mount. This means you can upgrade to the latest sensor technology in the future while maintaining your investment in the camera body! URSA EF model includes the amazing 4K Super 35 image sensor with global shutter and an EF lens mount with active lens control. With it, you can use low cost DSLR photo lenses from companies such as Canon, Zeiss and more.
URSA is formulated to be used on high end feature films, commercials, episodic television production, documentaries, electronic news gathering, music videos and more. When used on jobs with a large crew you can easily dress the camera with high quality cinema lenses, rails, follow focus, matte boxes and other accessories. With built in scopes for exposure, focus and audio levels, it's easy for a DOP (director of photography) to get perfect results every time. The dedicated screen for camera assistants lets them check and update camera parameters independently of the DOP. If you're shooting solo then the large fold out on set monitor, built in scopes and internal recorder means you don't need any extra on set equipment because it's all right there, built into the camera. That's a whole film set of equipment built into the one extremely portableÂ design.
The larger professional size of the Blackmagic URSA cameras has space for powerful cooling, allowing higher frame rates while keeping the chassis cool and the fan quiet. The machined aluminum design is incredibly strong and has been designed for large film crew use and to be field upgradable to new sensors by the user. Each area of the camera has been divided into separate DOP, camera assistant and audio engineer work stations. The DOP station features a large 10 inch fold out on set monitor and separate 5 inch screen for settings, camera status and scopes. The camera assist station features a separate screen for camera settings, status and scopes and an audio station features audio meters, controls and audio connections. The big screen means you don't need extra on set equipment so it's easy to move around quickly between shots. Simply fold in the monitor and go!
Blackmagic URSA features dual recorders so you never need to stop recording to change media. This is ideal for historic events, important interviews or any shoot where you can't miss a beat! Simply load an empty CFast card into the second recorder and when the current card is full, the recording will continue onto the second card, allowing you to change out the full first card and keep shooting. The built in recorders use new CFast card technology that allow recording up to 350 MB/s for incredible speeds, perfect for high frame rate RAW recording.
URSA features the world's most intuitive and advanced touch screen camera user interface, with two 5" touch screens on both sides of the camera that put your settings, controls and monitoring tools at your fingertips. The left side gives you quick access to all major settings via a touch screen and a row of control buttons. The right side displays settings like format, frame rate, shutter angle and more! There is a large prominent timecode display, an animated histogram for checking levels, a scrolling audio waveform monitor with clipping indicators and a spectrum scope for helping you check and adjust focus.
The Blackmagic URSA features standard broadcast connections so you don't need to worry about buying expensive custom cables. You get 12G-SDI output that can be down converted to HD or used directly at amazing Ultra HD quality. There's also a 12G-SDI input that can display return video on the 10 inch monitor when working on live events or an external video source! A separate SDI output is available for attaching external viewfinders and eye pieces. For audio, there are 2 professional XLR connections with 48v phantom power so you can use the audio industry's best quality microphones. You also get timecode in/out and a LANC connector for controlling the camera, lenses, and accessories remotely. URSA uses a standard 4-pin 12V to 30V XLR broadcast power connector for plugging into external power supplies. There are also mounting points and a power transfer connector for mounting third party back plates and batteries onto the rear of the camera itself. This means you can integrate the battery as part of the camera itself. You also get a standard 4 pin XLR 12V output power connector so you can use a wide range of third party viewfinders. URSA will integrate seamlessly with your existing gear and accessories!
- Effective Sensor Size: 21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super 35)
- Effective Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Shooting Resolutions: 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates: 3840 x 2160p23.98, 3840 x 2160p24, 3840 x 2160p25, 3840 x 2160p29.97, 3840 x 2160p30, 3840 x 2160p50, 3840 x 2160p60, 1920 x 1080p23.98, 1920 x 1080p24, 1920 x 1080p25, 1920 x 1080p29.97, 1920 x 1080p30, 1920 x 1080p50, 1920 x 1080p59.94, 1920 x 1080p60, 1920 x 1080i50, 1920 x 1080i59.94 and 1920 x 1080i60
- Sensor frame rate support: Up to 60 fps
- Dynamic Range: 12 stops
- Focus: Focus button turns on peaking, focus bubbles, auto focus available on active lens mount
- Iris Control: Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode
- Lens Mount: EF Mount
- Screen Dimensions 1 x 10.1" - 1920 x 1200; 2 x 5" - 800 x 480
- Screen Type: 10.1" - TFT-LCD; 5" - Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support: Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords
- Controls: Touch screen menus on 5" screen. Push button controls for navigating menus
- Microphone: Integrated mono microphone
- Speaker: Integrated mono speaker
- Mounting Options: Multiple 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting on top of camera and on handle bar. Rosette on bottom. Integrated rods mounts compatible with 15mm Light Weight Support standard
- Storage Type: CFast 2.0
- Storage Rates: Approx 880 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 3840 x 2160. Approx 220 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 1920 x 1080
- Compressed Recording Formats: Lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW with film dynamic range at 3840 x 2160. Apple ProResÂ 422 (HQ) at 3840Â xÂ 2160 and 1920Â xÂ 1080 with either film or video dynamic range
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 12G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2. 1 x 3G-SDI down converted for external monitoring
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 12G-SDI
- Ref Input: 1 x Reference Input
- Timecode Input: 1 x Timecode Input
- Timecode Output: 1 x Timecode Output
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x XLR analog switchable between mic and line levels. Phantom power support
- Analog Audio Output: 1/4" jack output for headphone monitoring
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channel
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M
- SDI Audio Sampling: 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Software Included: DaVinci Resolve grading software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac OS X and Windows / Blackmagic Media Express software / DiskSpeed Test
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later / Windows 7 or later
- External Power Input: 1 x 4-pin XLR port for external power or battery use
- External Power Ouput: 1 x 12V output using 4-pin XLR for powering external accessories such asÂ EVF
- Power: Rear camera mount compatible with industry standard V-mount or Gold Mount battery plates
- Optional Accessories: Adapter plate with 15mm Light Weight Support and Rosettes
- Physical: 12.34 x 6.12 x 9.63 inches / 16.32 lbs.
- Environment: Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F) / Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F) / Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- What's Included:
- Blackmagic URSA
- Active EF Mount turret
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- Tripod mounting plate adapter
- DaVinci Resolve
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Note: Product cannot be returned unless defective or unopened, in original factory-sealed packaging.