Blackmagic Design Cintel Film Scanner 2
Special order item ships directly from the manufacturer, TapeOnline does not stock this product. Therefore, it may take an additional 1-2 business days to process any orders for this item. Free Shipping applies to Ground shipping within the contiguous United States.
The Cintel Scanner is a complete solution to realtime film scanning and grading that features precision mechanical film handling components, optics, a high intensity diffuse light source and a built in camera. The Cintel Scanner includes a 35mm film gate, film spools, a set of four cleaning rollers, desk mount feet and DaVinci Resolve Studio software. Cintel transfers film directly to DaVinci Resolve which gives you the power to edit film rolls back together, scans to be color graded, reframed, noise reduced and audio extracted. Using DaVinci Resolve to operate the scanner means you have much more creative control than a simple telecine because DaVinci Resolve has many more features than is possible to do in hardware.
- Film Stocks:
- Print, Negative, Interpositive, Internegative.
- Mono and Color.
- Film Gauges:
- 35mm (2, 3, 4 perforations),
- Super 35mm (2, 3, 4 perforations).
- 16mm, Super 16mm
- Native Resolution: 4096 x 3072
- Effective Resolutions:
- 3840 x 2880 - Super 35
- 3390 x 2864 - Standard 35
- 3390 x 2465 - Anamorphic 35
- 1903 x 1143 - Super 16
- 1581 x 1154 - Standard 16
- HDMI Formats:
- 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD
- 1920 x 1080 HD
(auto selected to match monitor resolution)
- Audio: Extraction from scanned image.
- Dirt and Scratch Reduction: Diffuse light source. Cleaning rollers.
- Mounting Options: Desk Mount or Wall Mount
- Continuous Motion:
- Run speed: 1 - 30 fps
- 1 - 100 fps (35mm)
- 1 - 200 fps (16mm)
- Acceleration: 5 - 30 fps/s
- Film Shrinkage Tolerance: Up to 2% guaranteed, more may be possible if user care is taken.
- Capacity: 2000 ft (35mm)
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI 1.4 10-bit 4:2:2 for preview purposes only.
- Computer Interface:
- Thunderbolt 3 for capture of image and audio, software updates and supports USB-C charging with 15W at 5V.
- PCI Express 4 lane generation 2.
- Bi-phase/Timecode Output: XLR3, Bi-phase 4.5 Volt DC coupled, Timecode 1.5 Volt DC coupled.
- Options Interface: XLR6
- Cintel requires Desktop Video installed on the host computer to operate. Scanning can be controlled though DaVinci Resolve or through third party software using the Cintel SDK.
- Mac 10.12 Sierra, Mac 10.13 High Sierra or later.
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Cintel Scanner 16mm HDR Gate
- Cintel Audio and KeyKode Reader
- Cintel Scanner 35mm Gate HDR
- Cintel Cleaning Roller Kit
- Blackmagic PCI Express Cable Kit
- Voltage Range: 90 - 240V AC.
- Power: 200W
- Dimensions: 41.54” x 34.64” x 14.17” (closed) / 79.13” x 34.64” x 14.17” (open)
- Weight: 132 lbs.
Ideal Film Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 18 to 28°C (64.4º to 82.4º F).
- Relative Humidity: Maximum 65% non-condensing.
- Cintel Scanner 2
- Desk Stand
- 8 x 1mm Reel Spacers
- Cintel Scanner 35mm Gate
- DaVinci Resolve Studio Software
- Cintel Software and Manual
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty