Blackmagic Design Cintel Film Scanner
The Cintel Scanner is a complete solution to realtime film scanning and grading that features precision mechanical film handling components, optics, a high intensity diffuse light source and a built in camera. It features totally redesigned digital servos, high intensity diffuse light source and imaging systems, so you get a real time scanner that scans 35mm and 16mm film up to 30fps in Ultra HD resolution. The new Cintel scanner will scan negative and positive 35mm film into amazing quality Ultra HD and you can unlock the extra resolution from 35mm film that no one has been able to see until now! 35mm film is natively 4K so the extra quality is already in the film. There is no easier way to generate Ultra HD feature films and television programming for customers to view on their new large screen televisions. The HDMI output supports Ultra HD televisions for perfectly accurate focusing and film alignment using a local monitor. The HDMI output can even be converted into SDI video using Blackmagic Mini Converter HDMI to SDI 4K, perfect for connecting into your system for client monitoring.
The Cintel Scanner includes a 35mm film gate, film spools, a set of four cleaning rollers, desk mount feet and DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio software. Cintel transfers film directly to DaVinci Resolve which gives you the power to edit film rolls back together, scans to be color graded, reframed, noise reduced and audio extracted. Using DaVinci Resolve to operate the scanner means you have much more creative control than a simple telecine because DaVinci Resolve has many more features than is possible to do in hardware.
The new Cintel scanner has been designed with an architectural aesthetic and it's so thin it can even be wall mounted. Constructed using aircraft design techniques, giving it a stiff and vibration free main deck so you get smooth film handling. The core chassis has been designed as a super rigid structural space frame, which results in a design that's dramatically lighter than an older simplistic heavy plate design. This means the Cintel scanner is light enough to be wall mounted in your facility, making it part of the environment of your color correction suite. Being super thin and wall mounted, it's out of the way until you need to use it, and then it springs to life and performs! Whether wall or desk mounted the innovative design includes sliding doors, built in cleaning rollers and new digital servos to keep your film clean and ensures handling of valuable negative remains gentle.
The new Cintel film scanner is an innovation in technology. Film traditionally has been a mechanical technology and film products have suffered from poor quality electronics that required experienced engineers to keep them working. The Cintel scanner has been designed with the latest Blackmagic Design image processing technology and features a Thunderbolt 2 connection so you can connect it to your Mac and scan the film directly into your color correction system. That makes setup and use extremely fast plus eliminates slow file copying after scanning. Because Cintel is a Mac OS X Thunderbolt 2 peripheral, you get easy to install software updates that add new features and it also means you can even upgrade your computer whenever you need. It also means you don't need a dedicated engineer to operate and support the scanner. The Cintel scanner has been designed to give you the freedom to move it between machines or even plug into laptop computers so you can scan your film directly into the computer you're going to use the content on. Cintel Film Scanner is the world's first real time 4K film scanner to use Thunderbolt 2, making it super easy to set up and install. The new diffuse high intensity light source means the Cintel scanner runs at a smooth real time speed keeping film handling gentle and transfers super fast. The Thunderbolt 2 connection features a massive 20 Gb/s speed so you can transfer all this data direct into your computer without quality limitations. You can even change computers simply by unplugging the single Thunderbolt cable. If you're wall mounting then you can use the longer 30 meter Thunderbolt cables to connect to your grading computer even when hiding the cabling in the wall. With the Cintel scanner, you get the high resolution of a film scanner with the real time use of a traditional telecine.
- Film Stocks:
- Print, Negative, Interpositive, Internegative
- Mono and Color
- Film Gauges:
- 35mm (2, 3, 4 perforations) SuperÂ 35mm (2, 3, 4 perforations)
- 16mm, Super 16mm
- Native Resolution: 4096 x 3072
- Effective Resolutions:
- 3840 x 2880 - Super 35
- 3390 x 2864 - Standard 35
- 3390 x 2465 - Anamorphic 35
- 1903 x 1143 - Super 16
- 1581 x 1154 - Standard 16
- HDMI Formats: 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD, 1920 x 1080 HD (Auto selected to match monitor resolution)
- Audio: Extraction from scanned image
- Dirt and Scratch Reduction: Diffuse light sources. Cleaning rollers.
- Mounting Options; Wall Mount, Desk Mount (with included stand)
- Continuous Motion:
- Run speed: 1 - 30 fps
- Shuttle: 1 - 100 fps (35mm) / 1 - 200 fps (16mm)
- Acceleration: 5 - 30 fps/s
- Film Shrinkage Tolerance: Up to 2 % guaranteed, more may be possible if user care is taken
- Capacity: 2000 ft
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI 1.4 10-bit 4:2:2 for preview purposes only
- Computer Interface: Thunderbolt 2 port for capture of image and audio
- Options Interface: Programmable sync output, Balanced line level Analog Audio in, AES Digital Audio in
- Accessories: 16mm accessory pack
- Voltage Range: 90 - 240V AC
- Power: 200W
- Dimensions: 41.54 in. (79.13 in. with doors open) W x 34.64 in. H x 14.17 in. D
- Weight: 132 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 18° - 28&Deg; C
- Relative Humidity: Maximum 65% non - condensing
- What's Included:
- Cintel Film Scanner
- Desk Stand
- Spare Set of Rollers
- 8 x 1mm Reel Spacers
- DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio Software
- Cintel Software and Manual
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty