BMD URSA Mini Pro
ETA 3-4 weeks. Pre-order today to be first to get one when they begin shipping!
Free shipping applies to Ground shipping within the CONUS.
Introducing URSA Mini Pro, a professional digital film camera that combines the incredible image quality of URSA Mini 4.6K with the features and controls of a traditional broadcast camera. You get a massive number of ergonomically designed controls on the side of the camera so you can adjust most settings by feel, and without ever having to take your eyes off the action. URSA Mini Pro also features built in ND filters, a status display, and a revolutionary new interchangeable lens mount that lets you change between EF photographic lenses or PL and B4 lenses. URSA Mini Pro records up to 60fps and features dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders as well as dual UHS-II SD Card recorders. URSA Mini Pro is lightweight and comfortable enough to use all day, has controls that are extremely fast to use, and image quality that’s far superior to broadcast cameras that cost up to ten times more!
URSA Mini Pro is “three cameras in one” because it combines high end digital film quality with the ergonomics and features broadcasters need. It’s ideal for any kind of work from high end feature films, television shows and commercials, to independent films, broadcast news, and even studio and live production. URSA Mini Pro features beyond Ultra HD 4.6K resolution plus 15 stops of dynamic range, all with a super wide color gamut and DaVinci color science so you always capture cinematic quality images. The super compact body features broadcast camera ergonomics and advanced operating software that make it faster to set up and use than any other camera. Whether you’re on set, on location or shooting run and gun, URSA Mini Pro has the image quality and features you need to work on any type of project.
URSA Mini Pro is designed to include everything you need in a handheld camera so you can take it anywhere. Unlike cheap plastic cameras, the evenly weighted camera body is made out of a super tough magnesium alloy. It’s a true professional camera with full redundancy on every control, even the power switch. Plus, the tactile controls allow full setting changes without having to take the camera off your shoulder. There’s an external high visibility LCD status display so you can see critical shooting information, and a 4” foldout touch screen for reviewing shots so you don’t have to carry an extra on-set monitor. You get professional connections such as 12G-SDI, XLR audio, a built in high quality microphone and more. The optional electronic viewfinder and shoulder mount kit lets you go from tripod to handheld shooting in seconds, or you can turn URSA Mini Pro into the ultimate live production camera by adding an URSA Studio Viewfinder.
URSA Mini Pro features high quality neutral density (ND) filters that let you quickly reduce the amount of light entering the camera. The 2, 4 and 6 stop filters have been specifically designed to match the colorimetry and color science of URSA Mini Pro, providing you with additional latitude, even under harsh lighting conditions. This lets you use different combinations of aperture and shutter angle to achieve shallower depth of field, or specific levels of motion blur, in a wider range of situations. The IR filters have been designed to filter both optical wave lengths and IR wave lengths evenly to eliminate IR contamination of the images that most ND filters can suffer from. The ND filters are true optical filters with a precision mechanism that quickly moves them into place when the ND filter dial is turned. The filter settings can even be displayed as either an ND number, stop reduction, or fraction on the LCD.
Like the world’s best broadcast cameras, URSA Mini Pro features powerful tactile control buttons, switches, knobs and dials, giving you direct access to the most important camera settings. The controls are laid out in a logical order that makes them easy to remember, so you’ll be able to adjust settings, use ND filters, change frame rate and even snap a still photo without having to look at the buttons or take the camera off of your shoulder. The external controls are so fast to use, you won't even have to stop shooting. That’s what makes URSA Mini Pro both a powerful broadcast and studio camera, as well as a digital film camera.
Different projects require different lenses, which is why URSA Mini Pro features a new interchangeable lens mount! Imagine shooting regular work using a photography lens but then being able to change to a PL mount cinema lens if you get a high end film job. URSA Mini Pro makes that easy because you can quickly switch between EF, PL and B4 lenses, making it compatible with the widest possible range of professional lenses. URSA Mini Pro comes with an EF mount and you can purchase optional PL and B4 lens mounts separately.
URSA Mini Pro features both dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual UHS-II SD card recorders so you can choose the media that works best for you. C-Fast cards are ideal for full resolution RAW recording, while SD and UHS-II cards are inexpensive and commonly available, making them perfect for recording ProRes Ultra HD files or RAW HD files. With dual slots for each media type, you never have to stop recording because when the first card is full, it automatically continues onto the next card. You can even swap the full card for an empty one, all without having to stop recording.
- Effective Sensor Size: 25.34mm x 14.25mm (Super35)
- Lens Mount: EF Mount (Interchangable with PL and B4 mount)
- Lens Control: Electronic control via EF mount pins or 12-pin broadcast connector for compatible lenses
- Dynamic Range: 15 Stops.
- Shooting Resolutions: 4608 x 2592, 4608 x 1920 (4.6K 2.40:1), 4096 x 2304 (4K 16:9), 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI), 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD), 3072 x 2560 (3K Anamorphic), 2048 x 1152 (2K 16:9), 2048x1080 (2K DCI), 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates: Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported. Off-speed frame rates up to 60p in 4.6K, 120p in 2K windowed.
- Built in ND Filters: Four position ND filter wheel with clear, 2-stop, 4-stop and 6-stop ND filters.
- Focus: Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses.
- Iris Control: Iris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
- Screen Dimensions: 4”
- Screen Type: LCD capacitive touchscreen.
- Metadata Support: Automatically populated lens data from electronic EF, B4 and i/Technology compatible PL lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes.
- Controls: Touchscreen menus on 4” screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.
- Timecode Clock: Highly accurate timecode clock. Less than 1 frame drift every 19 hours.
- Total Video Input: 1 x SDI
- Total Video Output: 1 x SDI, 1 x SDI Monitoring.
- SDI Rates: 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G.
- Optical SDI: None.
- Analog & AES Audio Input: 2 x XLR analog switchable between mic, line and AES audio. Phantom power support.
- Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack, supports iPhone microphone for talkback.
- Reference Input: Tri-Sync/Black Burst/Timecode.
- Remote Control: 2 x 2.5mm LANC input for Rec Start/Stop, plus Iris and Focus control using compatible lenses.
- Computer Interface: USB Type-C for software updates.
- Microphone: Integrated stereo microphone.
- Built-in Speaker: 1 x mono speaker.
- SD Video Standards: None.
- HD Video Standards: 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424 Level B, SMPTE 2081-1, SMPTE 2082-1
- SDI Audio Sampling: 48 kHz and 24 bit
- Media: 2 x CFast for 4.6K RAW and ProRes recording. 2 x SD UHS-II card slots for HD and Ultra HD recording.
- Media Format: Can format discs to ExFAT (Windows/Mac) or HFS+ (Mac) file systems.
- Supported Codecs: CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ QuickTime, ProRes 4444 QuickTime, ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime and ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime.
External Control: Via SDI Input from ATEM switcher or Blackmagic 3G‑Arduino Shield.
Color Corrector: DaVinci YRGB.
Talkback and Tally
- Live Tally Indicator: Tally on LCD, URSA Viewfinder and URSA Studio Viewfinder.
- Talkback: SDI Channels 15 and 16.
- Storage Type:
- 2 x CFast 2.0
- 2 x SD UHS-II cards
- Storage Rates:
- 4608 x 2592:
- CinemaDNG RAW - 513MB/s
- CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 - 180 MB/s
- CinemaDNG RAW 4:1 - 135 MB/s
- 3840 x 2160:
- Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 250 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 444 - 165 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 110 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 73.6 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 51 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 22.4 MB/s
- 1920 x 1080:
- Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 62.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 444 - 41.25 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s
- 4608 x 2592:
- Storage rates based on 30 frames per second.
- Lossless CinemaDNG RAW, RAW 3:1 and RAW 4:1 with film dynamic range at 4608 x 2592, 4608 x 1920, 4096 x 2304, 4096 x 2160, 3072 x 2560, 2048 x 1152, 2048 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080. Apple ProRes 4608 x 2592, 4608 x 1920, 4096 x 2304, 4096 x 2160, 3072 x 2560, 2048 x 1152, 2048 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080 with either film or video dynamic range.
- Software Included:
- URSA Mini Operating System.
- DaVinci Resolve Studio grading software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Blackmagic Camera Setup.
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra or later / Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Power Supply: 1 x External 12V power supply. 12-pin Molex connector on rear battery plate.
- External Power Input:
- 1 x 4-pin XLR port for external power or battery use.
- 1 x 12-pin molex connector on rear battery plate.
- Custom V-mount battery plate with D-tap +12V regulated output from camera.
- Power: Rear camera mount compatible with industry standard V-mount or gold mount battery plates.
- URSA Mini Pro PL, B4 and EF mounts
- URSA Mini Shoulder Kit including top handle and extender arm
- URSA Viewfinder
- URSA Studio Viewfinder
- URSA Mini Pro Shim Kit
- URSA VLock Battery Plate
- 7.95” x 8.23” x 5.78”
- 5.09 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 0°to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°to 45°C (-4° to 113°F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- URSA Mini Pro body
- Turret dust cap
- EF lens mount
- Side Handle with LANC Cable and strap
- Power supply
- SD card with software and manual
- DaVinci Resolve Studio USB dongle
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.