Blackmagic UltraStudio HD Mini
UltraStudio HD Mini features professional broadcast quality connections that include 3G-SDI, analog YUV and composite NTSC/PAL video inputs, along with a reference input. There are also two ¼” audio connections for analog audio input that work with balanced and HiFi sources. In addition, UltraStudio HD Mini can remote control professional broadcast decks using the built in RS-422 connection. For output, you get dual link 3G-SDI with fill and key, and an HDMI connection for monitoring video with a big screen television.
- SDI Video Inputs: 1 x 3Gb/s SD/HD switchable
- SDI Video Outputs: 2 x 3Gb/s SD/HD switchable, supports fill and key
- SDI Rates: 270Mb, 1.5G, 3G
- Optical SDI: None
- HDMI Video Inputs: None
- HDMI Video Outputs: 1 x HDMI 1.4b type A connector
- Analog Video Inputs: Y, B-Y, R-Y/NTSC/PAL
- Analog Video Outputs: None
- Analog Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4 inch jack connectors for balanced and unbalanced analog audio
- Analog Audio Outputs: None, embedded audio only
- SDI Audio Inputs: 16 Channels embedded in SD and HD
- SDI Audio Outputs: 16 Channels embedded in SD and HD
- HDMI Audio Outputs: 2 Channels embedded in SD and HD
- Timecode Connection: None. RP-188 only
- Reference Input: Tri-Sync or Black Burst
AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, DNxHD, DNxHR, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10‑bit 4:2:2.
- Software Included: Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X and Windows. Media Express, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Firmware built into software driver. Software driver loads upgrades at system start or via updater software.
- DaVinci Resolve Icon
- DaVinci Resolve
- Fusion Icon
- Final Cut Pro Icon
- Final Cut Pro X
- Premiere Pro Icon
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Avid Media Composer Icon
- Avid Media Composer
- After Effects Icon
- After Effects CC
- Avid Pro Tools Icon
- Avid Pro Tools
- Steinberg Cubase Icon
- Steinberg Cubase
- Autodesk Smoke Icon
- Autodesk Smoke
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Other supported applications include: Tools On Air Just: Play & Live & In, Softron MovieRecorder & MReplay, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Telestream Wirecast, Livestream Producer, Resolume Arena, Magix Vegas Pro & Movie Edit Pro Premium, Corel VideoStudio Pro, CyberLink PowerDirector, Vidblaster X & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay One & CG, CasparCG Server, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Imagine Communications Velocity & InfoCaster, DevTek Easy Media Suite, Metus Ingest, Boinx Software MimoLive, Cinegy Capture Pro, vMix Live, Renewed Vision ProPresenter, Ventuz Director, Class X Liveboard & Coral CG, Glookast Capturer, Open Broadcaster Software Studio, Nautilus NEMO3D.
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards:
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Ultra HD Video Standards: None
- 4K Video Standards: None
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M A/B.
- SDI Metadata Support: RP 188/SMPTE 12M-2 and closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling: Television rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2/4:4:4
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709.
- HDMI Resolution: Pixel for pixel HD resolution input from connected device.
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s, 1.5 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s.
Hardware Frame Buffer: v210 (10 bit YUV), 2vuy (8 bit YUV), ARGB, BGRA (8 bit RGB), r210 (10 bit RGB), R12B,R12L (12 bit RGB).
Color Precision: 8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 up to 1080p30, and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all standards.
Computer Capture: 1 x Thunderbolt 3 for Mac and Windows. Powers from Thunderbolt host computer, includes Blackmagic Desktop Video SDK.
Built in Control Panel: None. Supports Teranex Mini Smart Panel with 2.2 inch color display for video preview, audio meters and status.
Device Control: 1 x RS-422 deck control.
Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
HD Down Conversion: Real time 10-bit hardware down conversion on SDI B output when working in HD video formats on playback. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
Real Time Effects: Final Cut Pro X internal effects. Premiere Pro CC Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects. DaVinci Resolve.
Physical Installation: Requires computer with a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port. Please check support pages to see the full system requirements.
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan,
- macOS 10.12 Sierra or later.
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, all 64-bit
5.51” W x 6.69” D x 1.75” H / 1.34 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- UltraStudio HD Mini
- SD card with software and manual
- DaVinci Resolve SD card
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty