OWC Drive Dock
Drive Dock is the ultimate, high-performance bare drive access tool. For creative workflows, backup, or other tasks requiring constant access to multiple drives, Drive Dock delivers a compact, easy solution with the exceptional performance of Thunderbolt 2 technology.
OWC Drive Dock is the fastest way to access bare SATA drives. Hot swap, read multiple drives simultaneously, or boot from bare drives. Drive Dock's unique design makes hot-swapping a breeze. Two drive bays accommodate both 2.5" and 3.5" drives and can access a drive in each simultaneously. Each bay features its own independent power switch and LED activity monitor. Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports deliver extreme-speed data transfers, and support daisy-chain expansion with up to five additional Thunderbolt devices. Drive Dock also includes a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port for versatile compatibility and the auto-switching internal power supply is compatible with any dual prong cable.
Drive Dock is flexible enough to use on almost any system. It works perfectly as an on-location backup solution, or for industry professionals using multiple bare drives. Featuring rugged aluminum construction, quiet, fanless operation, and complete with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables, the OWC Drive Dock is an essential component to any high-demand workflow.
- OWC Drive Dock
- .6 meter (24") USB 3.1 Gen 1 cable
(Standard-A to Standard-B)
- 1 meter (39") Thunderbolt cable
- Internal power supply and power cable
- User Guide
- Operating System:
- Thunderbolt 2: OS X 10.10 or later / Windows 7 SP1 or later
- USB 3.1 Gen 1: OS X 10.6 or later / Windows XP or later / Linux Kernel v. 2.6.31 or later (Boot Camp is only supported using USB. The Thunderbolt certification process does not include Macs running Windows through Boot Camp.)
- Driver: Driver not required for OS X. Driver required for Windows when using Thunderbolt. Driver can be downloaded from the “Documents” tab above.
- Hardware Minimum: Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or USB 2.0 interface; Recommended (best performance): Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 2 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface
- Bootability: Thunderbolt - OS X 10.10 or later / USB - Any Mac that supports booting via USB
- Interface (Chipset): (2) Thunderbolt 20Gbps / (1) USB 3.1 Gen 1 (ASMedia ASM1153E)
- Drives Supported: (2) 3.5” SATA 6Gb/s drives or (2) 2.5” SATA 6Gb/s drives
- Performance Benchmarks (maximum speed): Thunderbolt: 522 MB/s Read and 477 MB/s Write, USB 3.1 Gen 1: 427 MB/s Read and 347 MB/s Write (Notes: See ‘Benchmarks’ section below for test setup specifications. Speeds will vary based on drives used, RAID configurations, and other factors)
- Hot-swapping: Thunderbolt only (When connected via USB, it is possible to unmount either drive from the OS without impacting the other drive, but you cannot power a bay on or off, or physically connect or disconnect one of the drives, without causing the other drive to temporarily unmount.)
- Power Supply:
- Internal UL-listed universal auto-switching
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- DC output:, 12V 6.25A
- Adapter plugs for international use sold separately
- RAID Modes Supported: Software RAID only; RAID 0, 1, Span, Independent
- Dimensions: 3.3 in (8.5 cm) H x 6.3 in (16.0 cm) W x 5.8 in (15.0 cm) L
- Weight Without Drives: 2.15 lb (.975 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 41 to 86 degrees F / 5 to 30 degrees C
- Non-Operating Temperature: -4 to 122 degrees F / -20 to 50 degrees C
- Relative Humidity (Operating): 8 – 90% (non-condensing)
- Relative Humidity (Non-Operating): 5 – 95% (non-condensing)
- 2 Year OWC Solution Limited Warranty