Fuji 126 Minute DVCPro Videotape: DP121-126L
- Ultra-fine, high-energy metal magnetic particles offer significantly higher metal energy levels, with retentivity of 370mT and coercivity of 183KA/m, even on a tape that's just 6.35mm wide.
- High-molecular binder material improves magnetic layer durability, and lubricants in the upper and lower layers enable the tape to withstand a wide range of operating conditions.
- Advanced backcoating keeps the friction coefficient consistently low.
- Tightly sealed high-precision, high-rigidity cassette shells prevent tape deformation and damage, promote stable tape transport, and shut out dust and dirt to help ensure a low error rate.
About the DVCPRO format
Data Rate and Running Time: DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, and DVCPRO HD recording formats all use the same tape formulation. The difference is the amount of tape used to record the data. DVCPRO records at 25Mb/s, DVCPRO 50 at 50Mb/s, and DVCPRO HD at 100Mb/s. More data takes more space, so the tape has to run faster at higher data rates. Thus, a 126 minute DVCPRO tape would run just 63 minutes in DVCPRO 50 mode and only 31 minutes in DVCPRO HD mode.
Red Lid vs. Yellow Lid: To help users differentiate the format used to record a DVCPRO tape, manufacturers provide tapes that are color coded. Standard DVCPRO tapes are yellow. DVCPro HD tapes are red. Red or yellow, however, the tape is the same. It's just the labeling and naming that's different.
* High Definition LP Mode: DVCPRO equipment that is capable of recording in DVCPRO HD-LP mode (a.k.a EX format) utilizes a more precise record head that has the ability to record a track pitch that is only 9-microns wide. That is half as wide as the conventional DVCPRO record heads, which is 18-microns. Therefore, when using the DVCPRO HD-LP mode it is possible to double the record time without any loss of quality.
As of now, the only DVCPRO equipment that is capable of recording in the 9-micron mode are: AJ-HD1700, AJ-HD1200, and AJ-HD1400 decks as well as the new AJ-HDX-900 camera.
Compatible with Varicam DVCPRO Cameras AJ-HDC27H and AJ-HDC20A