LaCie 48TB 8big Rack Thunderbolt 2 Enterprise Class
Now with Thunderbolt 2 technology, the 48TB 8big Rack systems can reach transfer speeds up to 1330MB/s (in RAID 0 mode). This removes performance bottlenecks and makes them ideal for 4K workflows. With this kind of speed, videographers can work directly from RAW files in Apple® Final Cut Pro® or Adobe® Premiere®, get maximum quality from footage, and see edits in real time. No need to first convert footage into a lower resolution. Avid® Pro Tools® users will notice incredibly smooth audio mixing, even when working with hundreds of tracks simultaneously. Professional photography agencies and other Adobe Lightroom® or Apple Aperture® users can browse through archived libraries of thousands of RAW and edited images, with zero lag.
With full component redundancy, the LaCie 8big Rack gives professionals superb reliability and data security. Fans, disks, and PSU are fully redundant, hot swappable, and user-serviceable. And hardware RAID 5/6 provides security against disk failure and data loss, without compromising on transfer speeds. 8big's innovative cooling system prolongs component lifespan, featuring three efficient, thermoregulated cooling fans to drive airflow. A metal sheet beneath the disks dissipates heat, and cool air flows under the sheet to drain hot air away. Above and between the two rows of disks, air flows from front to back, conducting heat away from sensitive components.
In addition to higher performances, the Thunderbolt 2 I/O offers dramatically simpler connections than Fibre Channel. Connect the LaCie 8big Rack to a computer via the Thunderbolt cable – no HBA (host bus adapter) necessary – and instantly the volume mounts on your OS. And unlike Fibre Channel, Thunderbolt 2 is truly a plug and play and single-vendor solution. No port mapping or multipathing is required to achieve this performance. Thunderbolt technology even supports optical cables, which means you could connect a LaCie 8big Rack to a computer located up to 60 meters (197 feet) away. Thanks to dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, you can daisy chain up to six devices to a computer via a single cable (included in the box). For example, you could connect a total of 36 LaCie 8big Racks via the six Thunderbolt 2 ports on a single Mac Pro®, enabling more than 1.7PB (1728TB) and more than 3000MB/s – in a mere 36U. Compared with Fibre Channel solutions, the LaCie 8big Rack delivers outstanding scalability in half the space, a much simpler setup, and unprecedented performance.
- 8 hot-swappable 7200RPM/64MB cache (or greater) hard disks
- 2x Thunderbolt™ 2 ports, 20Gb/s (Bidirectional 20Gb/s permits a high-resolution display and RAW 4K video editing)
- RAID Modes: Preconfigured HFS+ RAID 5; Hardware RAID 0 / 1 / 5 / 6 / 10 / JBOD; Configure RAID using LaCie RAID Manager software
- Daisy Chain: Connect up to six Thunderbolt-compatible devices – including Thunderbolt 2 and LaCie Thunderbolt Series products – to a computer via a single Thunderbolt cable
- System Requirements: Computer with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port / Mac® OS X 10.9 and later / Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- LaCie 8big Rack
- Internal power supply (2x or 1x, depending on model)
- Thunderbolt cable
- Rack mounting kit
- 4 Hard disks
- Empty hard disk trays and screws (for 4-disk model only)
- Cable management arm kit
- Quick Install Guide