LaCie 8TB 2big Thunderbolt 2 - STEY8000401
LaCie's 2big hardware RAID drives now feature Thunderbolt 2 technology, and this 8TB model can reach transfer speeds up to 360MB/s! Videographers can edit multiple 2K uncompressed 10-bit streams or play back compressed 4K video. Digital photographers can browse a massive RAW photo library with zero lag. With support for DisplayPort 1.2, it's not possible to daisy-chain even higher-resolution displays, such as 4K monitors.
Thunderbolt 2 continues to support daisy chaining of up to six devices to a computer via a single cable (included in the box). This means that professionals can daisy chain up to five LaCie 2bigs plus a 4K display to a computer, bringing capacity, incredible speed, and convenience. Thunderbolt 2 is also backward compatible and uses the same cables and connectors as first-generation Thunderbolt** devices and computers.
With USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt 2 interfaces, the LaCie 2big gets the best possible speeds on any late-model PC or Mac. And, USB 3.0 backward compatibility means that you can connect the LaCie 2big to any standard computer. With support for exFAT and built-in hardware RAID, you can seamlessly connect to both PC and Mac computers without losing your RAID configuration. Whatever your workstation, move mountains of data – fast.
The LaCie 2big's range of RAID modes also gives you the flexibility to tailor the product to meet your needs. It's incredibly easy to change the RAID mode, but impossible to do so accidently. You can leave it in RAID 0 (FAST) mode to maximize speed and capacity for working on current projects, and then move completed projects to archival storage incredibly quickly. Or configure the LaCie 2big in RAID 1 or Mirroring (SAFE) mode, which provides data protection if one disk fails. And thanks to hot-swappable disks, you can simply replace a disk – from the front – with zero data loss and no work interruption. 2big drives even feature JBOD mode, so you can see and use each disk independently.
- 2 Thunderbolt™ 2 ports / 1 USB 3.0 port
- Power saving mode reduces power consumption- simply press the front button to spin down disks without disrupting daisy chain transfers (short press initiates power-saving mode; long press turns product off completely)
- System monitoring and email alerts for failure and warning events Front-facing disk status LEDs
- System Requirements:
- Thunderbolt 2: Mac OS® X 10.8.5 or later
- USB 3.0: Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 600MB minimum free disk space recommended