MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer
MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer offers a massive build volume with the best price and performance in its category. With the new bigger build area, you can make extra-large industrial prototypes, models, and products. Or, print multiple projects at once and get to work on your next design even more quickly. Build objects up to 18 inches (47 cm) tall! The enclosed and heated build chamber is designed for printing large models with minimal curling, and it has a new super flat build plate designed for greater reliability and adhesion. Z18 also comes with all the exciting new features on the 5th Generation of MakerBot 3D Printers, including an on-board camera, 3.5" LCD display, Smart Extruder and wi-fi capability! 5th Generation machines offer even more connection possibilities than older models- USB stick, USB cable, Ethernet cable, or Wi-Fi (coming soon).
MakerBot Z18 3D Printers include a 3.5" full-color LCD display that allows users to access their object library and see previews of the model files right on the printer. The new intuitive dial and on-board interface allow you to access utilities for set up and maintenance of the printer, so the experience is even more user friendly.
Now with an on-board camera, Replicator Z18 makes it easy to monitor your print from a remote location, or share your results to MakerBot Thingiverse and social networks. The camera is accessible through MakerBot Desktop software and MakerBot's new mobile apps. It even automatically takes reference pictures of final prints and saves them to your cloud storage library.
MakerBot's newly improved Smart Extruder is attached magnetically, making repairs or replacements much easier. This new extruder is also designed to automatically detect filament absence or clogs, and pauses the print so you don't lose your entire project. When there is an issue, it can send notifications to MakerBot Desktop and MakerBot Mobile apps so you know as soon as possible, even when away from the machine.
Download the free, user-friendly MakerBot Mobile app (available Spring 2014) for remote monitoring from the on-board camera feed, notifications and alerts from your printer, and to pause or cancel your current print job.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling
- Build Volume: 30.5 L x 30.5 W x 45.7 H cm [12.0 L x 12.0 W x 18.0 H in]; 45,512 cubic centimeters [2,592 cubic inches]
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns [0.0039 in]
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in.]
- Filament Compatibility: MakerBot PLA Filament, Large Spool - 0.9 kg [2.0 lbs.]
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in.]
- Print File Type: .makerbot
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 15-32°C [60-90°F]
- Storage Temperature: 0-38°C [32-100°F]
- Product Dimensions: 49.3 W x 56.5 D x 85.4 H cm [19.4 W x 22.2 D x 33.6 H in.]
- Weight: 41 kg [90 lbs.]
- Shipping Weight: (including accessory kit): 52 kg [115 lbs.]
- Construction: Powder-coated steel with PC-ABS and aluminum composite material
- Build Surface: Injection Molded PC-ABS
- Stepper Motors: 1.8° Step Angle with 1/16 Micro-stepping
- XY Positioning Precision: 11 microns [0.0004 in.]
- Z Positioning Precision: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in.]
- Software Bundle: MakerBot Desktop
- Supported File Types: STL, OBJ, THING, MAKERBOT
- Operating Systems: Windows (7+) / Mac OS X (10.7+) / Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora 19+)
- Power Requirements: 100-240 V; 5.4-2.2 A; 50/60 HZ; 350 W
- Connectivity: USB, USB Stick, Ethernet, Wi-Fi (Coming Soon)
- Camera Resolution: 320 X 240