MakerBot PLA 1.75mm Filament - Translucent Red - Small Spool
MakerBot PLA Filament is the best, safest, and most consistent filament for the MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer line. PLA is a bioplastic derived from corn. It's guaranteed not to have any heavy metals, phthalates or BPA. Every filament color is comprehensively quality tested at both 100-micron and 200-micron layer resolutions to verify that the filament will perform every feature that MakerBot® MakerWare™ software offers and reliably slice and print every type of printing.
If you're new to 3D printing, MakerBot PLA Filament is a good material to start with because it's easy to use and performs well on most prints. MakerBot PLA Filament adheres well to acrylic and to blue painter's tape. Prints with a large bottom layer may have a tendency to curl. To prevent curling, use rafts.
Store MakerBot PLA Filament in a cool, dry place as it can absorb moisture from the air and long-term exposure to humidity can compromise filament quality and performances.
Be sure your build plate is level, clean and oil-free before printing.
Small Spool is compatible with:
- MakerBot Replicator 2 (and earlier models)
- MakerBot Replicator, 5th Gen.
- MakerBot Replicator Z18
- MakerBot Replicator Mini Compact 3D Printer
- 0.5 lb (0.22 kg) Spool
- 1.75mm Diameter Filament
- Glass Temp: 60~65° C (140~149° F)
- Melting Temp: 150~160° C (302~320° F)
- Nozzle Temp: 230° C (446° F)
- Spool Diameter: 15 cm (5.9 in)
- Spool Width: 4 cm (1.57 in)
- Spool Hub Hole: 5.08 cm (2 in)