Maxell LTOU LTO4 Tape: 183906
Item has been discontinued by the manufacturer, and limited quantities remain. Please call 877-893-8273 with any questions.
LTO (Linear Tape-Open) Technology is a linear, multi-channel, bi-directional (serpentine) half inch tape format specified in a joint effort by Hewlett Packard, IBM, and Seagate Technology. It is an "open" tape format, meaning it's specifications are readily available to all potential manufacturers. The Ultrium format is the high-capacity, single-reel version of LTO technology, ideally suited for backup, restore, and archival applications. Each generation LTO cartridge can be identified by its color, allowing quick and easy differentiation between LTO 1 (black), LTO 2 (purple), LTO 3 (gray-blue), and now LTO 4 (teal). The LTO Universal cleaning cartridges are all gray.
NEW for LTO 4 Ultrium- Superior Performance with Maxell NeoSmart and Highest Capacity!
NeoSMART (Super Maximum-capacity Advanced Reliability Tape) integrates seven leading-edge technologies in the manufacturing of ultra high capacity magnetic tape media, and is designed to support future tape capacities in excess of 1 Terabyte. Fine metal particles, advanced dispersion, ultra-thin coating, superior coating and calendering, highly precise slitting, precision servo track writing, and a high performance cartridge make up the NeoSMART technology. Maxell's NanoCAP (Nano Composite Advanced Particles) is a key component of the NeoSMART technology. NanoCAP particles provide extraordinary tape performance compared to conventional magnetic particles, with superior coercivity and extremely high saturation magnetization.
Features of LTO 4 Tape
- Up to 1.6TB capacity and 240MB/s transfer rate
- Encryption capabilities enable encryption of the data via hardware based writing to protect sensitive information
- Superior data life due to the patented corrosion resistant Ceramic Armor metal particles
- Low, stable error rate, high level of output and superior signal-to-noise ratio are made possible by the high coercivity micro-particles
- Advanced Dispersion Technology (ADT) allows for strong signal strength and consistent high-density recording
- Ultra-thin coating eliminates magnetic interference while also increasing signal clarity
- Maxell High Precision Servo Track (HSPT) keeps servo tracks perfectly aligned for precise head tracking
- Extremely smooth and rigid PEN base film provides stable and reliable data recording/playback
- Proprietary cross linking binder structure provides superior tape strength
- Advanced calendering ensures smooth and even tape with consistent tape to head contact, thus producing a low error rate
- Heavy duty cartridge and leader pin are tested at more than 20,000 load/unload cycles
- Cartridge is rated for over 1 million head passes with a 30+ year storage life
- Proprietary cartridge locking mechanism prevents tape movement and slack during transportation and storage
- Cartridge semiconductor memory chip for high speed data searches and library cartridge management
- Maxell Universal Cleaning Cartridge is compatible with ALL Ultrium drivesCustom bar-coding available using high quality Tri-Optic/EDP labels
Questions? Read our FAQ page on Maxell LTO 4 Tape