Maxell LTOU1 LTO-100: 183800
- Native transfer rates up to 40 MB/sec
- Patented ceramic coated metal particle tape
- 4 KB LTO-CM (cartridge memory)
- 1,000,000 tape passes
- Superior archival life
- Clear plastic case for easy barcode scanning
- Maxell universal cleaning cartridge is compatible with all Ultrium 1, 2, 3 drives
- Data interchange
- Network server back-up, restore, and archival
- Library automation
- Near-online data access
What is LTO?
LTO (Linear Tape-Open) Technology is a linear, multi-channel, bi-directional (serpentine) half-inch tape format whose specification is the result of a joint effort by Hewlett Packard, IBM, and Seagate Technology. It is an "open" tape format, which means its specification is readily available to all potential manufacturers. The Ultrium format is the high-capacity, single-reel version of LTO technology, ideally suited for backup, restore, and archival applications. The capacities and data transfer rates for each generation are listed below. Each generation LTO cartridge can be identified by its color, allowing quick and easy differentiation between LTO 1 (black), LTO 2 (purple), LTO 3 (gray-blue), and LTO Universal Cleaning cartridges (gray).
Features an LTO-CM (cartridge memory) embedded in the cartridge, to store up to 4KB of both user and system generated data for accelerated access.