Sony DVCAM with IC Memory Chip PDV-184ME/2 184 Minutes
- The advanced evaporated tape from Sony makes 184 minute Digital video recording possible.
- With a pure cobalt evaporated coating packing at high-density is possible.
- DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) protective layer for extra durability.
- New protective locking album case specifically designed for DVCAM cassettes.
- Reducing tape shrinkage to one half that of consumer DV tape creates high dimensional precision for compatibility.
- DVCAM format is the most compact professional digital recording media.
- Standard DVCAM line-up consists of PDV-ME Series cassettes with built in 16 kilobit IC memory.
Includes ClipLink™ IC Chip
Sony's ClipLink™ system is a tool for improving editing efficiency. During shooting, videographers can indicate important clips for future editing by marking them with ClipLink™. Pressing a button on the camcorder records a small, still-frame picture of the scene onto the tape. Information about the clip such as reel number, scene number, take number, time code Mark-IN and Mark-OUT points, etc. is stored on a chip included with certain DVCAM and DV cassettes such as the model on this page.
NOTE: ClipLink™ equipped camcorders and editing equipment are required to take advantage of the ClipLink™ system.