Sony LTO 4 Ultrium Tape: LTX 800G
Sony's LTO 4 tape (Linear Tape Open) media provides high reliability and durability. High-density recording and high ouput are achieved using a magnetic layer formed by ultra-thin coating technology. Precision tape manufacturing by Sony brings out the full potential of LTO for high reliability back-up.
Features of LTO4
- Massive storage capacity is achieved by increasing recording tracks (LTO4: 896) utilizing a thinner and longer length tap
- LTO 4 is manufactured with newly developed fine magnetic particles and a higher thermal stability binder. To maximize performance, an improved dispersing technology for finer magnetic particles was introduced.
- LTO 4 features a newly developed thin-layer coating technology and a smoother surface coating process. These allow the cartridge to have a low error rate and stable output under various operating conditions.
- Stable magnetic servo signal writing technology and newly-developed high rigid and high-accuracy cartridge molding technology achieve stable write/read characteristics and offer the higher reliability required by data backup systems by.
- 800GB native / 1.6TB compressed
- Transfer rates of 120MB/s native and 240MB/s compressed