Sony 63 Minute HD Mini DV Tape: DVM63HDR
Note: Sony has discontinued the DVM85HDR. The DVM63HDR replaces that model.
Sony's DVM-63HD HD DV tape offers the highest quality recording media for the consumer or prosumer making the step-up to an HD camcorder. It is the recommended media for Sony's HDR-FX1 prosumer camcorder. Independent film makers, advertising agencies, and other videographers will appreciate the improved image quality, and the professional 63 minute tape duration. The DVM-63HD features 90% fewer errors and 50% fewer dropouts compared to DV Reference tape (tested on standard Sony DV VCR). The Sony DVM63HDR is the new product number for the DVM63HD.
High Definition Video Recording
- Designed for 1080i or 720p HDV recording and playback.
- 63 minutes recording time of 1080i video
- 3dB higher carrier-to-noise ratio vs. Premium DVC tape*
- Conforms to the MiniDV standard, yet is manufactured with much higher tolerances while incorporating AME II technology.
- New lubricant improves tape stability running under a wide range of operating conditions.
- The additional 3-minutes on the DVM63HD tape is for test recording. This helps the user calibrate the camera for best results. You can record the full 63 minutes of 1080i video. When recording in 720p HDV or in DV mode, you can record 94 min in LP and 63 min in SP setting.
- 90% fewer errors due to 40% increase in carrier-to-noise ratio*
- 50% fewer dropouts*
- 50% less tape shrinkage*
- 3db higher carrier-to-noise ratio*
* vs. Reference DVC tape (industry standard) tested on standard Sony DV VCR