TecNec.com Belden Star-Quad Microphone Cable - XLR Male to XLR Female, 15 Feet
World's Finest XLR Male to XLR Female Star-Quad Microphone Cables hand crafted and featuring Belden 1192A Low-Noise Cables. Cables are built with the highest quality connectors from Neutrik, Connectronics & Switchcraft. 24 AWG stranded (42x40) high-conductivity bare copper conductors, polyethylene insulation, tinned copper braid shield (95% coverage), PVC jacket.
Designed to use with microphones but are also excellent for line-level signals (i.e. mixer to power amps). Special 4 conductor configuration plus high shield density reduce hum and noise to less than 10% of conventional 2-conductor mic cables. Special construction also reduces handling noise while maintaining excellent flexibility. High density braided shield blocks electrostatic noise to eliminate annoying hum, buzz and radio interference. 4-conductor design cancels electro-magnetically induced noise from SCR dimmers and fluorescent lights. Excellent frequency response is preserved due to low capacitance provided by dielectric qualities of Polyethylene insulation. Handling noise is prevented by use of cotton filter material. Super flexibility results from using large numbers of thin wire strands, plus PVC jacket that remains pliant at extremely low temperatures (brittle point is -56Â°F).
- Low-Impedance Cable
- Ultimate performance with improved noise & hum rejection
- Efficient technology
- Optimal transmission
- Conductors: 4
- Conductor AWG: 24
- Conductor Stranding: 42x40
- Conductor Material: SBC - Soft Bare Copper
- Conductor Dia. (in.): 0.024
- Insulation Material: PE - Polyethylene
- Insulation Material Wall Thickness (in.): 0.016
- Insulation Material Dia. (in.): 0.056
- Outer Shield Type: Braid
- Outer Shield Material: TC - Tinned Copper
- Outer Shield Coverage (%): 95
- Outer Jacket Material: PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride
- Outer Jacket Nom. Wall Thickness (in.): 0.045
- Max. Recommended Pulling Tension: 21 lbs.
- Min. Bend Radius (Install)/Minor Axis: 2.450 in.
- Nom. Characteristic Impedance (Ohm): 40
- Nom. Inductance (ÂµH/ft): 0.21
- Nom. Capacitance Conductor to Conductor (pF/ft): 39.2
- Nom. Cap. Between Cond. in a Quad Config. (pF/ft): 57.4
- Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%): 66
- Max. Operating Voltage - UL: 100 V RMS