Fujifilm - LTO Ultrium 6 Tape - 16310732
Fujifilm's LTO Ultrium 6 cartridge is the first in the world produced with Barium Ferrite magnetic particles utilizing Fujifilm's core Nanocubic technology. Each tape features 2.5TB of native capacity, and 6.25TB compressed. Reaches transfer speeds of up to 160MB/s (native) to 400MB/s (compressed). Like the preceding generation of LTO, Ultrium 6 hardware will incorporate 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to keep data secure and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) dual partitioning functionality.
Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 6 data cartridges use Fujifilm's advanced Nanocubic coating process, incorporating three Fujifilm proprietary technologies:
- Nano-particle Technology: New finer particle Barium Ferrite (30% smaller than the metal particles used on LTO-5)
- Nano-dispersion Technology: Uniform particle dispersion by applying high-dispersed binder.
- Nano-coating Technology: Improved ultra-thin layer coating to realize an even thinner magnetic layer.
Utilizing these particles give LTO 6 an excellent read/write property, with higher coercivity and lower noise than older generations of LTO. Even when well-used drives start to wear down, which normally leads to a drop in performance, Fujifilm LTO 6 tapes can still be read/written more accurately on these older drives. Barrium Ferrite is chemically stable (meaning it is already oxidized) and does not easily get demagnetized by outside forces. Therefore, magnetic tape uses these particles have a longer archival life of more than 30 years, based on Fujifilm's acceleration tests.
LTO Ultrium technology relies heavily on timing-based, high-precision Servo control to achieve higher performance levels. Fujifilm LTO Ultrium data cartridge uses dual servo tracks carefully written along all of its four data bands, for extremely fine placement control.
LTFS (Linear Tape File System) Format
LTO 6 continues to offer the LTFS (Linear Tape File System) tape format that was introduced in LTO 5, providing a file system view of the media. You can drag and drop files from the server and easily see a list of what's saved on the tape. Individual tapes can be transported between LTO 6 systems to provide flexibility and convenience for reading and moving files on your LTO 6 tapes.
You will need an LTO 6 drive to read your LTO 6 media. However, the drives are "backwards compatible". Once you upgrade to an LTO 6 drive, it will still be able to read your LTO 5 Tape media.
- 2.5TB native capacity / 6.25TB compressed
- 160MB/s native Data Transfer Rate / 400MB/s compressed
- Number of tracks: 2,176
- Media Durability (normal): 1,000,000 passes
- Estimated Archival Life: 30 years (Storage Conditions: 16-25 degrees Celsius/60-77 degrees Fahrenheit, 20-50% humidity)
- Tape Width: 12.65mm
- Tape Thickness: 6.1 Âµm
- Tape Length: 846m
- Cartridge Dimensions: 102 x 105.4 x 21.5 mm