Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 7 Data Tape - 16456574
Fujifilm's LTO Ultrium 7 cartridge is the first in the world produced with Barium Ferrite magnetic particles utilizing Fujifilm's core Nanocubic technology. Each tape features 6TB of native capacity, and 15TB compressed. Reaches transfer speeds of up to 300MB/s (native) to 750MB/s (compressed). Like the preceding generation of LTO, Ultrium 7 hardware will incorporate Linear Tape File System (LTFS) dual partitioning functionality.
Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridges use Fujifilm's advanced Nanocubic coating process, incorporating three Fujifilm proprietary technologies:
- Nano-particle Technology: New finer particle Barium Ferrite (30% smaller than the metal particles used on LTO-5)
- Nano-dispersion Technology: Uniform particle dispersion by applying high-dispersed binder.
- Nano-coating Technology: Improved ultra-thin layer coating to realize an even thinner magnetic layer.
Utilizing these particles give LTO 7 an excellent read/write property, with higher coercivity and lower noise than older generations of LTO. Even when well-used drives start to wear down, which normally leads to a drop in performance, Fujifilm LTO 7 tapes can still be read/written more accurately on these older drives. Barrium Ferrite is chemically stable (meaning it is already oxidized) and does not easily get demagnetized by outside forces. Therefore, magnetic tape uses these particles have a longer archival life of more than 30 years, based on Fujifilm's acceleration tests.
As the tape length increases, there is a tendency of increased pressure on the hub with the potential risk of causing hub deformation. This may lead to potential problems, such as tape edge damage or other physical anomalies. In order to avoid such hub deformation, Fujifilm has strengthened the hub structure by applying a new design with new materials. As a result, Fujifilm has successfully achieved both running stability in the drive and a highly reliable archival life expectancy.
LTFS (Linear Tape File System) Format
LTO 7 continues to offer the LTFS (Linear Tape File System) tape format that was introduced in LTO 5, providing a file system view of the media. You can drag and drop files from the server and easily see a list of what's saved on the tape. Individual tapes can be transported between LTO 7 systems to provide flexibility and convenience for reading and moving files on your LTO 7 tapes.
You will need an LTO 7 drive to read your LTO 7 media. However, the drives are "backwards compatible". Once you upgrade to an LTO 7 drive, it will still be able to read and write to your LTO 6 media and read your LTO 5 Tape media.
- 6TB native capacity / 15TB compressed
- 300MB/s native Data Transfer Rate / 750MB/s compressed
- Number of tracks: 3,584
- Media Durability (normal): 1,000,000 passes
- Estimated Archival Life: 30 years (Storage Conditions: 16-25 degrees Celsius/60-77 degrees Fahrenheit, 20-50% humidity)
- Tape Width: 12.65mm
- Tape Thickness: 5.6 Âµm
- Tape Length: 960m
- Cartridge Dimensions: 21.5 x 105.4 x 102.0mm / 0.85" x 4.15" x 4.02" [L x W x H]