Quantum LTO Ultrium 6 Tape - MR-L6MQN-03
Each Quantum LTO 6 cartridge features 2.5TB of native storage capacity, or 6.25TB when compressed. New LTO 6 technology also boasts higher transfer speeds: 160MB/s native, 400MB/s compressed. Quantum media cartridges are built to the highest industry standards for quality and reliability, meaning low error rates, high performance, and long-term durability. Archive your data without having to worry about its safety. Each tape is backed by Quantum's limited lifetime warranty.
LTO 6 continues to offer the LTFS (Linear Tape File System) tape format that was introduced in LTO 5, providing a file system view of the media. You can drag and drop files from the server and easily see a list of what's saved on the tape. Individual tapes can be transported between LTO 6 systems to provide flexibility and convenience for reading and moving files on your LTO 6 tapes.
You will need an LTO 6 drive to read your LTO 6 media. However, the drives are "backwards compatible". Once you upgrade to an LTO 6 drive, it will still be able to read and write your LTO 5 Tape, and read your LTO 4 media.
- 2.5TB native capacity / 6.25TB compressed
- 160MB/s native Data Transfer Rate / 400MB/s compressed
- Tape length: 2,776 ft (846m)
- Tape width: 1/2" (12.65mm)
- Cartridge color: Black
- Estimated Archival Life: 30 years (Storage
- Conditions: 16-25 degrees Celsius/61-77 degrees Fahrenheit, 20-50% humidity-no condensation)